Are You Ready to Rock?!
Rock Idol is Springfield’s biggest Karaoke competition with over $5,000 in cash and prizes up for grabs!
Register every Monday at Friends Karaoke Pub starting July 8th through August 5th (semi finals Aug 12 finals Aug 19th) on West Battlefield Rd for a chance to compete that night. Registration begins at 7 pm and only the first 20 people can compete that night.
There will be 5 weeks of qualifying- each week 4 will move on to the semifinals on Monday August 12th.
On semifinals night 20 singers will battle it out for a spot in the finals where the top 8 singers will compete on Aug 19th for a chance to win over $5,000 in prizes, including:
- trip for 2 to the “Louder than Life Rock Festival” in Louisville Kentucky! Includes airfare for 2, 3 nights in a hotel and 2 (3-day) passes to the festival- One of the biggest rock events of the year, with artists including- Guns and Roses, Staind, Disturbed, Godsmack, Rob Zombie, Marilyn Manson and dozens more!
- $2,000 cash, courtesy of 417 Vapor- the solution to the frustrated smoker!
Runner up will take home
- $600 courtesy of Friends Karaoke Bar!
- No purchase necessary
- Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents who are of legal age 21 at the time of entry.
- All contests are open to the general public except for employees, agents, representatives, or affiliates of the Station, MWF Broadcasting LLC, and their respective affiliates, participating sponsors, their immediate families, and household members.
- All decisions of the judges and Mid-West Family Broadcasting are final.
- The contest will begin on July 8th, 2019 and will run through Aug 19th, 2019.
- GRAND PRIZE: Only one Grand Prize Winner will be awarded for 2019 Rock Idol. He/she will receive $2,000, and a flyaway trip, provided by Warner Bros. Records. Trip is for 2 people, to Louisville, Kentucky, including: 2 flights, 3 nights in a hotel (of MWF choice) and two 3-day passes to the 2019 Louder than Life Music festival. Ground transportation while on trip is not included. Trip will need to be coordinated with Mid-West Family no later than Monday, Aug 26th, 2019 or will be forfeited. Grand Prize winner will need to call Valorie Knight at 417-447-2062 AND send an email to email@example.com to set arrangements. Cash prize will be in the form of a check, which will be available to pick up at the offices of MWF Broadcasting at 2453 E Elm St, Springfield, Mo 65802, and will be ready to pick up on, or after, Monday, Aug 26th, 2019. MWF Broadcasting and Rock Idol Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability for any winners while on the trip. MWF will not provide an alternative trip option, should the artist cancel the concert. Trip cannot be exchanged for cash value.
- RUNNER-UP PRIZE: Only one Runner-up Winner will be awarded for 2019 Rock Idol and will receive cash, in the amount of $600 from Friends Karaoke Pub.
- Winners or first Runners-Up of any previous karaoke contest held by a radio station which is owned and operated by MWF Broadcasting, LLC cannot qualify as winners of 2019 Rock Idol. This includes Country Idol, Pop Idol and previous Rock Idol.
- The Station and MWF Broadcasting LLC are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information entered by website users, and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Station’s website.
- Rock Idol Karaoke preliminary rounds will begin on Monday, July 8th, 2019, and will continue each Monday night, ending on Monday, Aug 5th, 2019. The top 4 contestants (to be determined by Rock Idol judges) each Monday night will advance to the semifinals round (maximum of 20 contestants) on Aug 12th, 2019. The top 8 contestants (chosen by Rock Idol judges) will then advance onto the 2019 Rock Idol Finals on Aug 19th, 2019. One Grand Prize and one runner-up winner will be chosen on Aug 19th, 2019 at the sole discretion of Mid-West Family Broadcasting’s appointed judges, based on, including but not limited to, determining factors such as stage presence, vocal talent, crowd response, and entertainment value. If it is determined that the candidate is not eligible for the receipt of the grand prize, in MWF Broadcasting’s sole judgment and discretion, another candidate will be selected for eligibility consultation and this process will continue on until such time as an eligible candidate is found. In the unlikely event that no candidates are found to meet the specifications, the grand prize/runner-up prize will go un-awarded. In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by, and at the sole discretion, of the judges and MWF Management. Factors may include the sum of previous round scores.
- All State, Local, Federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
- All prizes are awarded “as is.” Prizes are nontransferable and MWF ‘s Management reserves the right to exchange, change, or substitute any and all prizes at our sole discretion, with or without notice.
- Neither the Stations, nor MWF Broadcasting LLC, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, members, directors, officers, employees, agents or representatives shall be responsible for the failure of participating sponsors to deliver the prizes or any part thereof as described herein.
- All entrants and winners agree that the Station, MWF Broadcasting LCC, and their parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, members, directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives, as well as the sponsoring venue- Friends Karaoke Pub, or prize sponsors- 417 Vapor, or Warner Bros. Records shall have no liability for any injury, misfortune, or damage to either persons or property incurred by entering, participating in, winning, or losing any contest and/or by the use or non-use of any prize received in connection with this contest
- Proper identification must be presented by any winner to claim prize. As a condition to receiving the prize, any potential winner must complete and sign a Winner’s Affidavit and Release, releasing MWF, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, members, directors, officers, and employees from all liability in connection with winner’s participation in the contest, acceptance, and use or non-use of the prize.
- All entry blanks, forms, devices, and materials gathered during the course of entry, as well as all information contained on or within, shall become the sole property of the Station and MWF Broadcasting LLC to be used, disposed of or destroyed in their sole discretion.
- A total, not to exceed 20 contestants, will be chosen to compete each Monday night (regardless of the amount of entries). The first 20 contestants to register in person at 7pm at Friends Karaoke Pub, located at 1211 W Battlefield, Springfield, MO will compete that night, during the preliminary rounds. No one contestant may enter the competition more than twice, unless asked back by MWF management. The top 4 contestants with the highest individual scores will move on to the Semifinals on Aug 12th, 2019. More contestants may be chosen solely at the discretion of MWF staff as time allows. From the semifinals, 8 will be chosen to move on to compete in the finals on Aug 19th, 2019.
- Once a contestant picks a song to sing, they MUST have song selection approval from judges, and MUST sing that particular song. Contestants may not change their song once selected to compete and approved by judges. If another contestant chooses the same song, both contestants will have the option to choose a different song, approved by judges. Each contestant may only sing ONCE per night, no more than twice in the preliminary rounds, unless approved by MWF. Songs must be considered rock and agreed upon by all judges. Rock songs considered consist of any current or past rock song, or version of a rock song and any song that has ever played on the Rock Billboard charts.
- Rock Idol is a karaoke competition, which means no use of musical instruments or musical accompaniment is allowed. Contestants may not sing acapella. Friends Karaoke Pub will not be responsible for any technical difficulties or if the DJ does not have the particular song the contestant wants to sing. That particular contestant will have to choose a different song or not participate. Individual contestants are allowed to participate only, no duets or groups. Contestants may not use their own music track
- All entrants and winners agree to give the Station and MWF Broadcasting LLC, and their licensees, affiliates, successors, and assigns the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use, re-use, broadcast, or publish my name, city of residence, photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including portraits and pictures, in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched or distorted in character or form, and winner’s voice, recorded or live, for any reason the Station deems necessary without compensation, unless prohibited by law. All winners release, discharge, and agree to save harmless MWF Broadcasting LLC and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, members, directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives from any and all claims they may have against the Station or MWF Broadcasting LLC in connection with the taking, production, or the use of winners’ name, city of residence, any photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including portraits and pictures, in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched, or distorted in character or form and without restrictions as to any changes, transformations or alterations, and including winners’ voices, recorded or live. All winners further acknowledge that MWF Broadcasting LLC owns or will own exclusively any photographs of such winners used for such purposes, including the copyrights in them, regardless of the form in which they have been or may be produced and used, and all winners assign all such ownership rights to MWF Broadcasting LLC.
- The Station reserves the right to end any contest, at any time, without any advanced notice to the public. Odds of winning are based on the number of contestants competing- 1/100.
- The Station reserves the right to limit the number of times an individual may enter a contest or drawing.
- The contestant must be present to win. Each contestant that moves on to the semifinals or finals, must check in by 7pm to compete or will run the risk of being disqualified, at the discretion of MWF management. Order of singing each night will be picked by random draw and are not subject to change.
- Violations of any of these rules or attempts to win any contest by fraud, deception, or cheating shall be grounds for the Station to disqualify any individual from participating in all current and future contests and events at the sole discretion of the Station, as well as forfeiture of any prize or prizes won by fraudulent means.
- MWF Broadcasting reserves the right to deny anyone entry to the contest for any reason, based on our sole discretion.
*A Complete list of winners may be obtained after Aug 19th , 2019 by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the following address:
Mid-West Family Broadcasting
PO Box 3658
Springfield, MO 65808
Participating Sponsors include:
3873 S Campbell Ave
Springfield, Mo 65807
Friends Karaoke Pub
1211 W Battlefield Rd,
Springfield, Mo 65807
Warner Bros. Records
3300 Warner Blvd